Sunday, February 28, 2010

Take up your mat and walk


I’ve been thinking a lot about what freedom really means


Or at least what it means to me


To be myself and be loved anyways
To love others passionately



I remember as a young child my grandmother and mother reading to me and spending my “room time” when I was in trouble reading as many books as I possible could before I was free. I loved reading everything and anything. My grandmother walked me to the library every day I spent with her. One of my most fond memories was writing a puppet show and doing it in front of all the other kids in the children’s room. We wrote and we did it together. I still have access to so many books and so much knowledge that I don’t have to pay for or even really work for and yet it isn’t take advantage of. I’m lucky. WE as American’s are truly lucky. I look at my freedom as something normal and a given in a lot of ways.



Knowledge is freedom. The more we can know, the farther we can fly


Not being anxious and tied to fear in every aspect of my life is freedom


Letting go of insecurity and bitterness is freedom


Allowing God to have control is freedom


Joy is freedom


When I’m running and all I allow myself to focus on is my breath and timing it with my feet, that’s freedom.


Freedom is knowing myself.


I’m terrified of being controlled by things and people around me. I see it all the time with clothes, makeup, images of who you think you should be, money, countless material junk, status…Living simply is freedom. I admire people who can sell all their things and move on without a glance back. I don’t believe that having things controls you, but the priority is has on your life can be a scary thing.


Freedom is life without evil. Someday I’ll know what that feels like.


My independence and full confidence in myself is freedom


Living without debt is freedom


I know there are so many ways that I can live my life free and the more I live, the more I hunger for that freedom. I hope I stay hungry forever so I may never know complacency.

No comments:

Post a Comment