Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I'll see you soon

I stumbled across a ton of my old writing and this poem made me smile:


September 3,2008

I’ll see you soon

The path had been prepared long before I even knew the way existed

I waited and waited for what was to come

The glory and victory tucked far away from those blind

Majesty and splendor

I caught a glimpse

Triumph lingered upon my tongue



I whispered in your ear the adventure ahead

You nervously smiled

As you swiftly moved

Moved away from the thought

Away from chance



I drew closer again smiling from ear to ear with excitement

Toes dancing and eyes glistening

Let us chase it

I tugged on your sleeve

Your palms sweaty

Hearts pounding within our chests

I eagerly stood awaiting the risk



Pleading with joyous tears

The joy, the passion, the greatness behind the walls

Let us break them down!

Please come

Pleading with panic stricken tears

You'll miss it



Refusing to leave this ever growing heart behind

I wait once more

Have you heard the voices singing your name with the angels?

I promise it's better than you thought

The fear chases the numbness behind your eyes

The changes

The molding

The closeness

Have they lied to you once more?



Feet beneath the coals

I must flee

Oh the fire that lies beyond the hills!

The light glows behind your eyes

Constant or dimming

You'll jump and dance and sing

Uttering sounds of praise

I'm offering my hand

This little heart offering a chance



Sorrow through a last glance

See you soon?

Please say you'll follow when dawn comes

I turn to see the glow across the hills

I walk alone

Love guiding the way



The promise was better than a passing thought

Imagination one could not provoke

I left a map upon your doorstep

The key beneath mat



Here beneath stars brighter than the sun

I wonder when I'll see your face shine

The promises more real

The glory and victory magnificent

Is your heart burning by now?

Please come even for a visit

Your dreams alive



When evening comes

Pleading for you to rise and walk

Dawn will wake

Can you still hear my voice?

They're no longer whispers or cries ringing through your ears

Only hopeful prayers

Outlines of your shadows drawing closer

Are you here yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment